DDB Canada has created an illuminated billboard powered by 120 volunteer bicycle riding pedalers. Each pedaler generates enough electricity to power the illuminated reindeer. For each hour the reindeer was powered up, BC Hydro made a donation to the Canadian Association of Food Banks.
Implications - The idea of green power has become popular amongst consumers who desire to see a minimization of negative environmental impact. Advertising agencies, such as DDB Canada, have brought this insight to life with a green billboard. Additionally, the idea promoted corporate social responsibility with a donation. Companies that are willing to try unique concepts that have no negative social effects will see benefit almost instantly.
120 Volunteers Charge Campaign
1. Green Power - Opportunity for companies to showcase their commitment to minimizing negative environmental impact through innovative green power solutions.
2. Volunteer-powered Advertising - Chance for businesses to engage local communities and promote social responsibility through volunteer-powered advertising initiatives.
3. Innovative Donation Models - Potential for businesses to explore creative donation models that incentivize customer engagement and support charitable causes.
1. Advertising - Opportunity for advertising agencies to leverage green power concepts to create unique and eco-friendly advertising campaigns.
2. Renewable Energy - Potential for the renewable energy industry to develop specialized products or services that cater to the demand for green power solutions in advertising.
3. Non-profit - Chance for non-profit organizations to collaborate with businesses on innovative fundraising initiatives that promote social and environmental causes.