Cycling has always been a mode of transportation for fun or for fitness, and now New York based entrepreneurs Andy and Steve have combined cycling with function with the new pedal-powered machine called Pedal Power.
Pedal Power aims to combine bicycles and function through building pedal-powered machines that allow you to charge your gadgets while you work. The ‘dynapods’ (stationary pedal-powered machines) have two core products currently in production. The Big Rig, a machine with a built-in seat with a work desk and the ‘Pedal Genny,’ the portable, single function counterpart.
The dynapods are fully-functioning human powered platforms that leave your hands free for any task and are extremely ergonomic; providing the maximum level of comfort for its users.
The ‘Pedal Power’ Charges Your Electronic Gadgets by Ped
1. Human-powered Gadgets - Opportunity for developing more gadgets and devices that can be powered by human energy, promoting sustainability and fitness.
2. Workout Technology - Disruptive innovation potential lies in creating workout equipment that also generates energy to charge electronic devices, combining fitness and utility.
3. Ergonomic Workstations - Creating ergonomic workstations that integrate physical activity, such as pedal-powered desks, to promote health and productivity.
1. Fitness Equipment - Fitness industry can explore the opportunity of integrating power generation features into workout equipment, enhancing user experience and sustainability.
2. Renewable Energy - Renewable energy sector can leverage human-powered gadgets to diversify energy sources and reduce reliance on traditional power generation methods.
3. Workspace Design - Workspace design industry can incorporate ergonomic workstations that encourage physical activity, boosting employee health and productivity.