The P.A.T.H. homes are a line of homes developed by Slovenian prefabricated housing specialist Riko in collaboration with French designer and architect Philippe Starck. The P.A.T.H. or Prefabricated Accessible Technological Homes are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes and generate more energy than they consume.
The homes can have either an all-glass outer shell, a wood-glass combination or a fully wooden shell. The roof, fittings and cladding can also be customized.
The prototype Montfort show-home comprises 36 DualSun panels and 22 standard photovoltaic panels. All in all, the array generates 11.8 MWh of electricity per year, taking care of around 70% of hot water needs.
The P.A.T.H. homes cost between $3,166 and $5,700 per square meter depending on the options chosen. They will be delivered within six months of placing an order.
The P.A.T.H. Home Creates More Energy Than It Uses
1. Energy-generating Homes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop energy-efficient homes that generate more energy than they consume.
2. Prefab Homes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore advancements in prefabricated housing technology to create customizable and sustainable homes.
3. Customizable Cladding - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop customizable cladding options for homes to enable personalization and energy efficiency.
1. Housing Construction - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate energy-generating features into traditional housing construction techniques.
2. Solar Energy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate solar panels and innovative energy storage solutions into residential and commercial buildings.
3. Sustainable Architecture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine sustainable materials, efficient design, and renewable energy systems in architectural solutions.