Innovators Margaret Tung, Jason Chen and Anuj Jhunjhunwala joined forces to create the PareUp App, an app that helps eliminate the waste of food, which is a serious problem in North America. Everyday in New York City alone, 6.5 million pounds of food is thrown out!
PareUp aims to link with supermarkets, restaurants and other food distributors to reduce such food wastage. When released, the app will contain a list of participating stores and their specific inventory of cheaper value, which will be updated on a daily basis. Stores like Breads Bakery, Oslo, Coffee Roasters and PushCart Coffee in New York City have already teamed up for the initiative.
The app is a great tool that benefits all parties: consumers, customers, the economy and, most importantly, the environment.
The PareUp App Lets You Buy Excess Food From Retailers at a Low Cost
1. Food Waste Reduction - Creating innovative apps like PareUp that link with food distributors to reduce food wastage presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the food industry.
2. Inventory Optimization - Developing apps that provide real-time updates on inventory and offer excess food at a low cost, as PareUp does, presents disruptive innovation opportunities for retailers and supermarkets.
3. Collaborative Consumption - Launching apps that allow consumers to buy excess food from retailers not only reduces food waste but also taps into the growing trend of collaborative consumption, presenting disruptive innovation opportunities in the sharing economy.
1. Food Distribution - The PareUp App's approach to reducing food wastage through partnerships with supermarkets and restaurants presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the food distribution industry.
2. Retail - Retailers can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by leveraging apps like PareUp to optimize inventory and reduce waste, while offering consumers low-cost options for excess food.
3. Sharing Economy - Apps like PareUp that enable consumers to buy excess food from retailers align with the sharing economy trend, presenting disruptive innovation opportunities for businesses operating in this sector.