The Papofoxtrot Space Series is made for the nerdy kid or the geeky young-at-heart. It is a collection of wooden toys that have been modeled after some of the most advanced satellites in the United States. Although the combination of such an outdated toy and cutting-edge technology is certainly an odd pairing, the novelty of it will appeal to many. Designer Ian Ferguson says, "We wanted to keep the warm and engaging feeling of wood toys but update the subject matter to today’s marvelous machines and infrastructure rather than nostalgic stuff."
Created by London studio Postlerferguson, the Papofoxtrot Space Series is comprised of five toys. They are each made out of maple and stainless steel materials.
The Papofoxtrot Space Series Combines the Outdated With the Advanced
1. Wooden Toy Satellites - The toy industry can explore creating more wooden toys that combine traditional materials with modern subject matter for a unique and sustainable play experience.
2. Nostalgia-based Products - Consumer goods companies can leverage the appeal of nostalgic items by combining them with contemporary technology and innovations for a new take on classic products.
3. Sustainable Material Use - Businesses can explore the use of materials like wood to create eco-friendly products that are both visually appealing and functional, while also promoting sustainability.
1. Toy - The toy industry can create innovative products by exploring new material combinations and collaborations with designers from different industries.
2. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can reimagine classic products by incorporating contemporary technology and sustainable materials.
3. Sustainable Manufacturing - Manufacturing industries can incorporate sustainable material choices into their production processes to reduce their carbon footprint and create eco-friendly products.