MR PORTER is preparing to launch an expansive 28-piece collection in partnership with Japanese fashion label VISVIM on November 7th. The overarching inspiration of the capsule channels the outdoors, more specifically Californian parks, the history behind them and the Yosemite Valley Camp 4 rock climbers back in the 50s and 60s. This influence stems from designer Hiroki Nakamura's global travels, drawing references from Americana and its history since he moved to California. He aims to draw the adventurous spirits of outdoorsmen back in the 50s and 60s and does so through bags, footwear and ready-to-wear items.
Some pieces include distressed denim jackets and pants, cardigans, down jackets, vests and more. A notable detail from the collection can be seen in the down-filled jackets, which are designed to reference old sleeping bags as another nod to the outdoors theme.
MR PORTER and VISVIM Channeled Past Eras for Design Inspiration
1. Outdoor Menswear - Designers are channeling 50s and 60s California park rock climbers to create an outdoor menswear collection with inspiration from Americana and history, providing opportunities to enhance outdoor wear with modern technology.
2. Vintage-style Menswear - Vintage-inspired menswear is becoming popular in the fashion industry, creating opportunities for eco-friendly fashion designers to use sustainable materials and production processes.
3. Travel-inspired Fashion - The globetrotting inspiration behind fashion collections presents opportunities for experiential marketing campaigns and collaborations between travel and fashion companies.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can explore opportunities of sustainable eco-friendly production and technologies to improve their vintage-inspired designs and collections.
2. Outdoor Recreational Industry - The outdoor recreational industry can use modern technology to enhance their products and join forces with the fashion industry to create new product collaborations.
3. Travel Industry - The travel industry can collaborate with fashion designers to create travel-inspired designs and fashion collections while opening opportunities for experiential marketing campaigns as well.