Having one's mailbox or doorstep littered with advertising flyers can be both annoying and wasteful, but Ogilvy&Mather worked with Pizza Hut to come up with a better solution for marketing in the form of an outdoor floor mat.
The Pizza Hut 'Floor Mat Flyer' takes the form of a functional door mat instead of a piece of paper, which comes printed with all of the information needed to order a pizza from the chain.
As of late, Pizza Hut has come up with a variety of interesting ways for consumers to order its pizzas by bots and temporary tattoos. It is also delivering boxes that transform into gaming surfaces or projectors and these are just some of the ways it is trying to add to the enjoyment or ordering and receiving a pizza.
Pizza Hut Transformed an Outdoor Floor Mat into a 'Floor Mat Flyer'
1. Interactive Advertising - Pizza Hut's 'Floor Mat Flyer' showcases the potential for innovative advertising tactics that engage consumers in a unique and interactive way.
2. Multifunctional Packaging - Pizza Hut's transforming delivery boxes demonstrate the potential for packaging to serve dual purposes, providing added value and enhancing the customer experience.
3. Alternative Ordering Platforms - Pizza Hut's exploration of ordering via bots and temporary tattoos highlights the disruptive potential of alternative channels for food delivery and online ordering.
1. Advertising - The 'Floor Mat Flyer' introduces new possibilities for advertising agencies to create engaging and unconventional marketing campaigns.
2. Packaging - The concept of transforming delivery boxes opens up opportunities for packaging companies to develop innovative and multifunctional solutions for various industries.
3. Food Delivery - The exploration of alternative ordering platforms by Pizza Hut suggests that the food delivery industry can benefit from disruptive innovations in technology and customer experience.