The comedic stylings of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone have appeared to uncover the new age of music.
T-Pain’s original (maybe) but recognizable (of course) addition to the Internet hit “I’m On a Boat” is supposed to be a joke, but it sounds very similar to a lot of hits gracing the radio waves these days. If you’re at work, however, be warned that the lyrics contain a ton of profanity.
This large family of songs topping the charts is the least of the worries coming out of the music business. I guess we should all panic once the songwriter awards head in that direction.
The Lonely Island Teams Up With T-Pain for “I'm On a Boat”
1. Comedic Music - Opportunity for musicians to incorporate humor and parody into their music for a unique audience experience
2. Internet Sensations - Creating viral content through social media platforms will continue to be popular and create opportunities for content creators
3. Non-traditional Collaborations - Artists experimenting with collaborations across genres and mediums will provide fresh and unique content for audiences
1. Music Industry - Opportunities for record labels and music studios to promote comedic music and viral content creators
2. Social Media Industry - Opportunities for social media platforms to launch new features to promote and support viral content sharing and creation
3. Entertainment Industry - Opportunities for comedy and music collaborations between movie and television industry and musicians for fresh and unique content