Budapest, Rome and Paris are a few of the cities that are putting in an Olympic bid to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. Los Angeles is also hoping to win over the International Olympic Committee and is doing so with an engaging Snapchat campaign.
In partnership with Snapchat, LA 2024 is running a campaign that allows users to apply its angel logo to the neighbourhoods where Olympic events would take place in the city. The campaign is less about getting sponsorship and more about proving that there's interest from the city's young population in seeing the games hosted in LA.
The Snapchat geofilters for this LA 2024 Olympic bid campaign are tied to major locations like Santa Monica, USC and UCLA.
LA is Engaging Snapchat Users in a Bid for an Upcoming Summer Olympics
1. Snapchat Engagement - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Businesses can leverage Snapchat to engage with younger audiences and increase brand awareness.
2. Location-based Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Companies can utilize location-based marketing strategies to target specific areas and engage with local communities.
3. Event-based Campaigns - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Brands can create campaigns centered around major events to generate buzz and capture the attention of a large audience.
1. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Advertising agencies can develop creative campaigns on platforms like Snapchat to reach their target market.
2. Sports and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Event organizers can leverage location-based marketing to promote upcoming sports events and engage with potential attendees.
3. Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Tech companies can develop innovative tools and features for location-based marketing platforms to enhance user engagement and drive business results.