The Continental located in Florida is serving up a refreshing autumnal take on the popular Old Fashioned cocktail by adding aromatic robust spices and unconventional tropical ingredients such as coconut. The drink is an infusion of a variety of flavors offering a modern twist on a popular classic beverage.
Old Fashioned cocktails are often made with brandy or whiskey and include a mixture of citrus and sugary notes. This version of the drink, known as the Dominicana Old Fashioned, takes inspiration from warm and tropical destinations and fuses it with popular fall flavors such as cinnamon. The drink calls for two ounces of high-quality rum mixd with coconut water and homemade coconut syrup that is strained over ice. The drink is finished off with a cinnamon stick and a wedge of coconut flesh.
This Old Fashioned Beverage Features a Tropical Flavor Twist
1. Autumnal Twist on Classic Cocktails - This trend presents an opportunity for bars and restaurants to experiment with unconventional ingredients and flavors to create unique and seasonal variations on traditional cocktails.
2. Infusion of Tropical and Fall Flavors - This trend highlights the potential for combining tropical and autumnal flavors, offering opportunities for beverage companies to create innovative and refreshing drink options.
3. Creative Use of Coconut in Cocktails - This trend showcases the versatility of coconut as an ingredient in cocktails, presenting opportunities for coconut-based beverage brands to develop new and exciting recipes.
1. Hospitality and Entertainment - This industry can tap into the trend by creating custom cocktail menus that feature autumnal twists on classic cocktails, attracting customers looking for unique drinking experiences.
2. Beverage Manufacturing - This industry can explore the trend by developing coconut-based drink products that combine tropical and fall flavors, targeting consumers seeking refreshing and innovative beverage options.
3. Mixology and Bartending - This industry can take advantage of the trend by training mixologists and bartenders in the art of creating inventive cocktails with coconut and other unconventional ingredients, differentiation establishments in a competitive market.