Czech American internet painter Jeremiah Palecek has recently begun painting internet phenomenon in oils. Previously known for his work depicting video games and television stills, Palecek has now ventured into the internet for inspiration.
In a recent interview with The Bryant Park Project on NPR, Palecek said he "was trying to make little time capsules" of the internet.
This may prove to be true as Jeremiah Palecek's paintings will most likely only become more interesting as the years pass. It's kind of good to know that as internet fads and celebrities come and go that we (the internet community) have someone shamelessly documenting all of it. Our own Andy Warhol.
By changing the normal medium we are used to seeing it in, it also changes the way we think about these images. Updated daily, Palecek's painting blog is a must stop for those who need a daily meditation on just how strange the internet, and people's relationships on it are. You can pick up an original from his etsy shop or simply download a high res scan of his work for free.
Jeremiah Palecek the Next Web Warhol?
1. Internet Meme Paintings - The trend of painting internet memes in oils presents an opportunity for artists to bridge the gap between internet culture and traditional art forms.
2. Documenting Internet Phenomenon in Art - Using art to document internet culture creates an opportunity to preserve fleeting moments and create a historical record of the evolution of internet fads and celebrities.
3. Reimagining Internet Culture Through Traditional Art Forms - Using traditional art forms to depict internet culture can challenge the way we perceive and interact with internet fads and celebrities.
1. Art - Artists and art galleries have the opportunity to embrace the trend of painting internet memes in oils and showcase it as a new form of contemporary art.
2. Digital Media - The trend of documenting internet culture through art presents an opportunity for digital media companies to create content that bridges the gap between internet culture and traditional art forms.
3. Technology - Technology companies can embrace the trend of reimagining internet culture through traditional art forms and create innovative tools for artists to incorporate technology into their work and broaden their audiences.