Although the majority of back-to-school ads are designed to get students hyped up and excited about returning to class in the fall, the 'Oddly IKEA: IKEA ASMR' video takes a completely different approach.
There is a large community on YouTube that is dedicated to sharing videos that inspire ASMR (an Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response) in the viewer. This response is best described as a "tingling sensation on the skin" that may be triggered by whispered voices, soothing sounds and relaxing imagery. In this 25-minute commercial, a selection of dorm room essentials are described in detail, all the while being touched and tapped to inspire a sense of relaxation and calm.
Like IKEA, a few other brands like Norrlands Guld Ljus have tapped into ASMR for marketing purposes.
This 25-Minute 'Oddly IKEA' Ad is a Sponsored ASMR Video
1. ASMR Marketing - Using ASMR to market products and services, providing a unique and personalized sensory experience to customers.
2. Relaxation Marketing - Using relaxation techniques, imagery, and soothing sounds to create a relaxing and calming experience for customers, particularly in traditionally stressful contexts such as back-to-school shopping.
3. Experiential Ads - Creating immersive and interactive ads that provide a unique and memorable experience for customers, which can be shared and amplified through social media.
1. Retail - Providing a unique and personalized sensory experience to customers through ASMR and relaxation marketing techniques, enhancing the shopping experience and brand loyalty.
2. Consumer Goods - Exploring ASMR and relaxation marketing techniques to create a unique and memorable brand experience that sets their products apart.
3. Media and Advertising - Developing experiential ads that provide a unique and memorable experience for customers, which can drive engagement and enhance brand awareness.