Being one of the biggest days of the decade for the United States, today has a lot of people are wondering about Obama's inauguration schedule. This infographic gives details on what happens and when, where and why on this 21st day of January 2013.
The official ceremony for Obama's second inauguration actually happened on January 20th in a private ceremony, however the public ceremony is today. This is because the constitution states, "The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January...And the terms of their successors shall then begin." However, since the 20th of January fell on a Sunday this year, there was a need for two ceremonies.
Obama's inauguration schedule for the public ceremony starts with a morning service at St. John's Church across the street from the White House.
This Infographic Details Obama's Inauguration Schedule
1. Inauguration Ceremonies - Creating more engaging experiences for people attending inauguration ceremonies through innovative technologies could help leverage such events' potent emotional and civic engagement opportunities.
2. Alternative Swearing-in Methods - Developing new ways to perform swearing-in ceremonies, such as through virtual and augmented reality, could provide greater access to such events for people worldwide and reduce logistical costs.
3. Hybrid Inauguration Ceremonies - Adapting to changing circumstances and social distancing needs by incorporating hybrid inauguration ceremonies that blend virtual and in-person experiences could enable larger participation and audience reach while reducing the risk of transmission.
1. Event Planning - Innovation in event planning technologies, such as virtual and augmented reality experiences, could create more engaging and accessible inauguration ceremonies and other large-scale events.
2. Broadcasting - Providing innovative broadcasting solutions, such as hybrid models that blend physical and digital experiences, could expand audience reach and engagement with public events like inauguration ceremonies or concerts.
3. Political Consulting - Leveraging data analytics and other innovative technologies to understand the public's needs and preferences, and tailor political messaging and strategies accordingly, could help candidates win more elections and improve democratic governance.