We've already written about collectors going crazy over the newspaper covers of Barack Obama's presidential election victory, but the Obama News Mosaic is a collage of the president-elect's face using all of those prized newspaper covers.
The website features a 78-meg high-resolution poster of the Obama News Mosaic that is fully scrollable and clickable so that you can see the covers in detail, but the zoomed-in image in the gallery gives you a glimpse of what's in store.
Over 600 different newspapers were used to make the Obama News Mosaic, and it's quite an impressive piece of artwork. The poster can be printed from the website; the DIY version will be about 2' x 3'.
The Obama News Mosaic
1. Digital Collage Art - Opportunity to create innovative digital collage artworks using various media sources.
2. Interactive Visual Experiences - Potential for immersive interactive experiences that allow users to explore and engage with visual content.
3. Collectible Print Media - Disruptive potential for creating valuable and sought-after physical collages using collectible print media.
1. Digital Art - Opportunity for artists and designers to utilize digital tools to create and market collage artworks.
2. Media and Entertainment - Potential for new interactive media platforms and experiences that showcase visual content in engaging ways.
3. Print and Publishing - Disruptive potential for print publishers to explore innovative print collages as collectible and artistic products.