The artist Nucleo has put a piece of old oak in jade stone for an experimental art project. As a result, the stone has cracked and bubbled in certain places, making it a detailed object that visitors could examine for an extended period of time.
The color of the jade stone is part of what makes the art piece so fascinating. Because it's juxtaposed with the wood, it's as if the hue stands out that much more. Typically jade is viewed as an elite material that's been used for ancient royals of the past, but Nucleo aims to examine it in its purest form here, contrasted with the natural wood. The result is a stunning piece of artwork.
Photo Credits: designboom, nucleo.to
Nucleo Experiments with Aged Oak and Precious Stone
1. Jade-encased Art - Exploring the combination of jade and natural materials creates unique and mesmerizing art pieces.
2. Contrasting Materials - Artists experimenting with the fusion of contrasting materials create visually captivating works that challenge traditional perceptions.
3. Experiential Art - Artworks that invite extended examination and interaction capture viewers' attention and create immersive experiences.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can embrace the fusion of unconventional materials to create innovative and thought-provoking artworks.
2. Luxury Goods - Luxury goods brands can explore the incorporation of rare and precious materials like jade to create exclusive and high-end products.
3. Gallery and Museum - Galleries and museums can curate exhibits that feature experiential artworks, enticing visitors to engage and spend more time exploring the pieces.