According to photographer Marie Edwards, the subjects of this photo are not ghosts, even though the visual evidence leads to a different conclusion. The subjects in ‘Not Ghosts’ are not only creepy because they’re nearly translucent, but also because the look they are giving each other is just as ominous.
Photographer Marie Edwards has amazing work on her site which you should definitely check out after browsing through the gallery.
Implications - Consumers are looking to make purchases that feature an unconventional aesthetic. Products that contain an otherworldly aspect are appealing to those who grow tired of items quickly. In order to stay relevant, companies could focus on this style when coming out with new designs.
‘Not Ghosts' by Photographer Marie Edwards
1. Unconventional Aesthetic - There is a growing consumer demand for products that feature an unconventional aesthetic, opening up opportunities for companies to create unique designs.
2. Otherworldly Appeal - Products with an otherworldly aspect are appealing to consumers who seek something different, creating opportunities for companies to incorporate this style into their designs.
3. Translucent Creepiness - The eerie and translucent appearance of subjects in photographs is capturing attention, leading to potential opportunities for photographers and artists to explore this visual style further.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Companies in the fashion and apparel industry can embrace unconventional aesthetics and otherworldly designs to create unique clothing and accessories.
2. Home Decor - Incorporating an otherworldly aspect into home decor products can attract consumers who are seeking unique and visually captivating items.
3. Fine Art - Artists and photographers can experiment with translucent and eerie techniques to create captivating and thought-provoking pieces that stand out in the art market.