It isn't hard to miss at first glance but Northernmost Cognac packaging embodies a very unconventional form. Typically, glass bottles are manufactured to take smooth and consistent shapes, but you'll notice a significant disparity where the vessel narrows towards the neck: one part of the container peaks to create a sloping surface.
The reason that Marius Sunde chose to do this is because the sculptural form of the bottle comes to reference something important about the product inside. The oak used to age the brandy comes from the most northerly region of Norway where the landscape is defined by mountains and cliffs. Keeping consistent with this theme, Northernmost Cognac packaging is white-capped, alluding to the snowy tops of the Scandinavian summits.
Northernmost Cognac Packaging Features an Unusually Inclined Vessel Design
1. Unconventional Packaging - The sloped bottle design of Northernmost Cognac packaging showcases a trend towards unconventional packaging in the beverage industry.
2. Referencing Product Origins - By incorporating design elements that reference the landscape where the oak used to age the brandy is sourced from, Northernmost Cognac packaging taps into the trend of emphasizing product origins.
3. Sculptural Bottle Forms - The unique shape of the Northernmost Cognac bottle reflects the growing trend of using sculptural designs to create visually striking packaging in the spirits industry.
1. Beverage Packaging - The unconventional bottle design of Northernmost Cognac packaging presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the beverage packaging industry, encouraging brands to push the boundaries of traditional packaging shapes.
2. Branding and Marketing - By incorporating design elements that tie into the product's origins, Northernmost Cognac packaging demonstrates disruptive innovation opportunities for branding and marketing professionals to create packaging that tells a story and connects with consumers on a deeper level.
3. Spirits Industry - The sculptural bottle form of Northernmost Cognac packaging opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the spirits industry, inspiring other brands to create unique and visually appealing packaging that stands out on store shelves.