Nikola Motors recently revealed a new truck with a hybrid fuel cell and a maximum range of 600 miles. The truck ins named the 'Badger,' and all of the details of the truck will be released at the company's Nikola World 2020 exhibition, which takes place in September. The truck will also be available in an entirely electric version, which will have a reduced range of 300 miles.
The 'Badger' will be able to tow up to 8,00 pounds of cargo, and it can accelerate to speeds of 60 mph in 2.9 seconds. Nikola Motors will also build 700 hydrogen filling stations in order to address any potential concerns around refueling. A number of locations have already been selected, and will be announced during this financial quarter.
Image Credit: Nikola Motor Company
Nikola Motors Revealed Its Newck with Badger Tru a Max Range of 600 Miles
1. Hybrid Fuel-cell Trucks - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: The development of hybrid fuel-cell trucks presents an opportunity for more sustainable and efficient transportation, reducing reliance on traditional fuel sources.
2. Extended Range Vehicles - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: The introduction of vehicles with a maximum range of 600 miles opens up possibilities for long-distance travel and eliminates range anxiety for consumers.
3. Expansion of Hydrogen Infrastructure - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: The construction of 700 hydrogen filling stations will support the growth of the hydrogen fuel-cell industry and enable widespread adoption of fuel-cell vehicles.
1. Automotive - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: The automotive industry can capitalize on the trend of hybrid fuel-cell trucks by investing in research and development, manufacturing, and distribution of such vehicles.
2. Energy - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: The energy industry can explore opportunities in the production and distribution of hydrogen fuel as the demand for fuel-cell vehicles increases.
3. Transportation - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: The transportation industry can benefit from the extended range and efficiency of hybrid fuel-cell trucks, allowing for more sustainable and cost-effective delivery of goods.