For the 105th Running of the Indianapolis 500, AiFi and Verizon teamed up to create a next-gen convenience store that harnesses the power of Verizon's 5G Ultra Wideband network and AiFi's computer vision technology for autonomous shopping. The opening of this store means that ticket-holders, volunteers, staff and drivers participating in the event will be able to get snacks, beverages and other items at the fully autonomous NanoStore.
Now that many stores are reopening for the first time in months, people are looking for shopping experiences that are safe and convenient. The NanoStore sidesteps common issues like long lines thanks to a futuristic contactless shopping experience. To enter the store, customers only need to scan the Indy Express Shop app.
AiFi and Verizon Created a Next-Gen Convenience Store
1. Autonomous Retail Stores - The combination of computer vision, AI, and 5G networks to power autonomous retail stores offers a disruptive innovation for the retail industry to enhance shopping experiences.
2. Contactless Shopping Experience - The increased demand for contactless shopping experiences due to COVID-19 presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for retailers to leverage advanced technology and provide convenience to customers.
3. 5g-powered Convenience Stores - The use of 5G networks to power next-gen autonomous convenience stores improves operational efficiency, customer experience and presents a key disruptive innovation opportunity for retailers looking to gain a competitive edge.
1. Retail Industry - The retail industry can leverage autonomous retail stores with contactless shopping experiences that integrate 5G technology to enhance customers' shopping experiences.
2. Technology Industry - The technology industry plays a vital role in the development and integration of advanced technology solutions like computer vision, AI, and 5G networks, which can power next-gen autonomous convenience stores.
3. Event Industry - Events organizers can leverage 5G technology and autonomous retail stores to increase their operational efficiency and enhance attendees' experience by making it easier to purchase items on-site.