The new Snapchat Spectacles have been shown off by the social media brand as its 4th-generation version of the namesake wearable that will offer users an immersive experience that will drastically enhance capabilities. The eyewear is integrated with dual-3D waveguide displays that offer a 26.3-degree diagonal field-of-view and will enable an immersive augmented reality (AR) experience both indoors and out. This is thanks to up to 2,000-nits of brightness, while additional components including four microphones, two RGB cameras and a touchpad round out the eyewear as being truly next-generation.
The new Snapchat Spectacles are also built with creators in mind thanks to Lens Studio that will enable user to augment how the world looks around them and create immersive experiences.
The New Snapchat Spectacles Hav Dual-3D Waveguide Displays
1. Immersive AR Wearables - Products that combine augmented reality with wearables to offer immersive experiences are disrupting the way people interact with technology.
2. Multi-functional Eyewear - Eyewear incorporating an array of components like cameras and touchpads are transforming the way individuals observe and interact with the world around them.
3. User-controlled AR Content - Augmented Reality platforms allowing users to create and share their own immersive content are changing how individuals influence and perceive the world around them.
1. Social Media - Innovations in Augmented Reality Eyewear are creating new opportunities for social media platforms resulting in a highly immersive and engaging user experience.
2. Fashion - Fashion industry companies can incorporate AR capabilities into eyewear designs to create a new category of interactive fashion accessories.
3. Healthcare - The wearable AR technology used within these new generation glasses have a variety of healthcare applications such as assisting visually impaired individuals in performing daily tasks.