Set to debut in August, a new Batgirl costume has been revealed, which gives the popular crime-fighting heroine a more modern and playful look.
The new Batgirl costume was created by artist Babs Tarr, whose new costume design features a snap-on cape, a leather jacket, brighter shades of yellow, and a decidedly less gratuitously sexy look. In addition to Barbara Gordon's new costume, the comic will undergo a tonal shift as new co-writers Cameron Stewart and Brenden Fletcher takeover from current longtime Batgirl scribe Gail Simone. The tone is said to be more lighthearted and fun, with the new Batgirl costume meant to reflect that sentiment.
So far the new Batgirl costume has been a big hit with most fans and critics. It's even already spawned a lot of amazing fan art.
The New Batgirl Costume is Taking the Internet by Storm
1. Modernizing Superhero Costumes - Redesigning classic superhero costumes can create buzz and attract new audiences.
2. Revamping Comic Storylines - Introducing new writers and tonal shifts can refresh classic comic book series and reengage readers.
3. Celebrating Feminine Strength - Promoting strong, empowered female superheroes can inspire and resonate with readers.
1. Comic Books - Publishers can leverage character design and story changes to boost comic book sales.
2. Fashion - Superhero costumes can inspire fashion designers and influence street style.
3. Entertainment - Comic book adaptations in TV shows and movies can showcase modernized costumes and storylines to appeal to wider audiences.