The '7 Things You Should Never Say to Women' video from BuzzFeed calls out some of the phrases that are frequently used on women that many women find to be insulting or offensive. Some of the examples included in the video include notes telling women things like: "Don't be stuck up," or "You look tired."
The video features responses from several women in response to these common phrases or questions, and reminds men not to be the guy who makes these remarks. However, as some of the commenters on YouTube have pointed out, it might not matter what you say, since even the simplest of comments can be over-analyzed to the point where it can always be taken as a negative.
BuzzFeed Highlights Phrases You Should Never Say to Women
1. Gender Sensitivity Training - Opportunity to develop training programs for individuals and businesses to foster awareness of problematic phrases and promote inclusive language.
2. Empowerment Initiatives - Opportunity to create programs and resources that empower women and educate others on the impact of their words and actions.
3. Online Social Awareness Campaigns - Opportunity to leverage online platforms to spread awareness about appropriate communication and encourage positive dialogue around women's experiences.
1. Human Resources - Opportunity for HR departments to implement gender sensitivity training to promote a respectful and inclusive work environment.
2. Education and Training - Opportunity for educational institutions and training providers to offer courses on gender sensitivity and communication.
3. Social Media and Digital Marketing - Opportunity to launch digital campaigns and initiatives that raise awareness and promote positive online interactions.