'Basement' sets itself apart as a different kind of micro-network social app that's simple, as well as free from filters, influencers and advertisements. Unlike many social apps, Basement is all about close connections and friend groups. As many social app users are growing frustrated with privacy concerns, algorithms and constantly competing for attention, this iOS application offers a comfortable place for people to connect.
Similar to the way that MySpace had users select their top eight friends, Basement allows for one to create a network of 20 friends. While friends can see comments on a post by a mutual friend, other interactions on the app appear as anonymous.
A big part of Basement is centered on memes, as the app's feed is constantly updated with viral content so that close friends can tag one another.
Ad-Free, Influencer-Free 'Basement' Appeals to Groups of Close Friends
1. Micro-social Networks - The rise of ad-free and influencer-free micro-social networks provides an opportunity to tap into growing demand for private and intimate social interactions.
2. Privacy-based Social Networking - With the increasing concern over social media privacy, there is an opportunity for social networking apps to provide ad-free, filter-free, and influencer-free platforms for users as a safer and more secure alternative.
3. Viral Meme-based Social Apps - Meme-based social apps like Basement can provide an innovative way to engage with close friends and foster intimate relationships, while also fostering community through shared experiences and viral content.
1. Social Networking - Existing social networking platforms can look to adopt similar features or release distinct micro-network apps that offer users a safer and more intimate social experience.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketers and advertisers can leverage the growing trend of ad-free and influencer-free micro-networks like Basement to reach a highly engaged and niche audience and develop more authentic, word-of-mouth marketing strategies.
3. Content Creation and Distribution - As meme culture and community-driven content continue to grow, content creators and distributors can explore new ways to leverage viral content and user-generated memes to engage audiences through social apps like Basement.