'Bathing Ape' and United Arrows have collaborated on the 'Mr. Bathing Ape' clothing line, branded with a whiskery mustache logo.
These cute and simplified 'staches are worn by the new collection of men's dress shirts, oxford shoes and leather accessories. The stubbly mustache symbol is already common among hipster-targeted products, so it looks like the 'Mr. Bathing Ape' clothing line will definitely be a hit as well.
Implications - Facial hair is beginning to grow in popularity as an alternative to clean-shaven looks. Unique facial hair is an example of how consumers are jumping at the opportunity to differentiate themselves from mass culture. Businesses that offer retro designs like these facial hair fashions continue to appeal to meterosexual men.
'Mr. Bathing Ape' Brands its Merchandise with Mustaches
1. Facial Hair Fashion - Unique facial hair is becoming a popular way for consumers to differentiate themselves from mass culture.
2. Retro Designs - Businesses that offer retro designs like facial hair fashions continue to appeal to meterosexual men.
3. Hipster Targeted Products - The popularity of hipster-targeted products indicates a market demand for unique facial hair fashion.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on the growing popularity of unique facial hair fashion.
2. Personal Care - The personal care industry can explore new grooming products and services to cater to consumers embracing unique facial hair trends.
3. Retail - Retailers can tap into the retro designs trend by offering a variety of facial hair fashion options in their product offerings.