Macau is one of the world's most popular and opulent tourist destination thanks to its combination of high-rolling casinos and beautiful scenery, and 'Morpheus', the new flagship hotel for the 'City of Dreams' resort, is in line with the island's reputation. Designed by Zaha Hadid Architects, Morpheus's complex, organic forms are dazzling and impressive.
At first glance, the public spaces in Morpheus are somewhat reminiscent of the interior of the world-famous Sagrada Familia cathedral by Antonin Gaudi. While that may very well be an aspect of inspiration, the building is more directly influenced by the ancient Chinese tradition of jade carving. Zaha Hadid Architects created the building by extruding a monolithic block and then "carving" it with intricate voids.
Image Credit: Virgile Simon Bertrand
'Morpheus' is a New Luxury Hotel in Cotai, Macau
1. Organic Architecture - Hotels are adopting flowing and organic architectural designs inspired by traditional and natural forms.
2. Luxurious Experiences - Opulent hotels are offering unique experiences to customers through architectural innovations and intricate design.
3. Tech-enabled Hospitality - Technology-enabled hotels are offering smart amenities such as voice assistants, IoT sensors and mobile devices to enhance guest experience.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry is adopting organic architecture and luxury experiences to attract high-end clientele.
2. Architecture - Architecture firms and designers are incorporating innovative design techniques to develop structures with a sophisticated feel to them.
3. Technology - The technology industry is empowering the hospitality sector with advanced digital infrastructure that enhances in-room features and guest experiences.