The new My Little Zombie Pony is named Skulley.
Skulley is a little creepy, but has a sensitive side, as she likes fresh organic apples, brains, and walks on the beach.
The only situation I can think of to buy this Zombie Pony is as a punishment to your child. A little girl will most certainly have nightmares if she were to receive Skulley as a gift.
Implications - Consumers are constantly looking for products which will set them apart from their peers. This is due to the North American social mentality that individualism trumps conformity. Corporations looking to offer consumers the feeling of exclusivity can employ a similar tactic to this My Little Zombie Pony example and utilize macabre design aesthetics in their wares.
My Little Pony-Inspired Friends Aren't For The Faint-Of-Heart
1. Macabre Aesthetics - Designing products with macabre aesthetics can offer consumers the feeling of exclusivity.
2. Individualism - Consumers prioritize individualism over conformity when it comes to products and design.
3. Shock Value - Offering products that are shocking and unique can be a way to set a business apart from competitors.
1. Toy - Toymakers can take inspiration from the My Little Zombie Pony and create unique, macabre toys to appeal to consumers seeking novelty.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can experiment with macabre aesthetics in their designs to appeal to consumers looking for individualistic statement pieces.
3. Home Decor - Home decor companies can incorporate eerie designs and macabre elements to appeal to consumers seeking non-traditional decor options.