With the recession always at the back of our minds, we are taking things into our own hands to try to save money. These are 5 ways in which people are cutting back during these tough times:
1. Taking showers instead of baths – Reports from Unilever suggest sales of bubble bath are on the decrease.
2. Buying frozen food instead of fresh – Supermarket sales indicate steep rises in purchases of frozen food items.
3. Making your own lunch – Sales of lunch boxes are up 68% at Robert Dyas
4. DIY hair dying – Home hair dye kit sales are up 27%
5. Tap water instead of expensive bottled water – Sales of bottled water have dropped 15% over the past year.
Credit Crunch Cut-Backs
More Stats +/-
Future Festival & Malcolm Gladwell - Early Bird Deadline
18 Eco Tips For The Credit Crunch
Crowdsourced Credit Crunch Advice
Calculating Money Saved by Walking
Designer Budget Tips