Modpools, a company based out of British Columbia, Canada, has discovered a unique and playful use for shipping containers that outlived their time in industry. Rather than sending those giant aluminum cans to the scrapyard, Modpools realized that their volume might have a purpose in another walk of life -- or rather, another swim of life. The company builds above-ground pools and jacuzzis out of shipping containers that were used to send cargo to North America from China.
The process itself is both environmentally and economically efficient. Modpools purchases used shipping containers from a supplier in China, and that suppliers sends the containers over filled with other cargo for other orders. Once on the other side of the Pacific, Modpools makes the necessary modifications and installs the pools in homes around the west coast.
Modpools Makes Above-Ground Pools and Jacuzzis
1. Upcycling - There is a trend towards repurposing materials, such as shipping containers, for innovative and sustainable products like swimming pools.
2. Modular Construction - Modular construction methods are being used to create unique and customizable above-ground pools and jacuzzis.
3. Sustainable Design - There is an increasing demand for eco-friendly pool options that minimize waste and utilize repurposed materials.
1. Shipping and Logistics - The shipping and logistics industry has an opportunity to explore new revenue streams by repurposing old shipping containers for alternative uses like swimming pools.
2. Construction and Home Improvement - The construction and home improvement industry can leverage modular construction techniques to create innovative and customizable pool solutions.
3. Recreation and Leisure - The recreation and leisure industry can tap into the growing market of sustainable and upcycled pool designs to offer eco-conscious consumers unique and environmentally friendly options.