Quebec-based MU Architecture Studio designed the 'Slender House,' a new modern lake-side retreat. Located near the US border in Quebec on Lake Memphremagog, this linear cottage is nestled perfectly into the beautiful surrounding nature. This 4,500 square foot space is anchored onto natural rock and features the stone throughout the home with retaining walls and terraces.
A huge display of bay windows takes up the majority of the back of the house, revealing a beautiful view of the lake that can be seen from inside. Using contrasting colors, the minimalist design styles give a modern contrast in the kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms. Outside, there is a large living area, as well as a luxury boat house permanently installed on the end of the dock. This modern lake-side retreat is the perfect Canadian getaway for loves of the great outdoors.
Image Credit: Stephane Groleau
MU Architecture Studio's New Cottage Blends Modern Design into Nature
1. Sustainable-design - The trend of sustainable design in modern lake-side retreats presents an opportunity for architects and designers to incorporate eco-friendly features and materials into their projects.
2. Minimalist-interior-design - The trend of minimalist interior design in modern lake-side retreats offers opportunities for designers to create clean, uncluttered spaces that maximize the surrounding natural beauty.
3. Integrating-nature - The trend of integrating nature into modern lake-side retreats provides an opportunity for architects to seamlessly blend the built environment with the natural landscape, creating a harmonious connection between indoors and outdoors.
1. Architecture - Architects in the architecture industry can capitalize on the trend of modern lake-side retreats by designing innovative and sustainable structures that maximize the beauty of the natural surroundings.
2. Interior-design - Interior designers in the interior design industry can embrace the trend of minimalist interior design in modern lake-side retreats, creating serene and sophisticated spaces that enhance the overall experience of the retreat.
3. Construction - The construction industry has an opportunity to cater to the trend of modern lake-side retreats by developing innovative building techniques and materials that can withstand the unique challenges of lake-side environments while maintaining the desired aesthetic.