These mixed media taxidermy pieces from Angela Singer are nothing short of brilliant.
At first they're slightly repelling as it looks like their blood and guts are spilling out, but if you are brave enough to take a second look, you are rewarded with the sight of beautiful red beads and sequins instead. In a similar vein, a deer head is replaced with a solid "spurt" coming out of the neck where the head has been chopped off. On other pieces, the headless bit is covered with red sequins.
Recycled animals are used by Angela ,and I am not sure if it is the sequin effect, but I do like these pieces a lot.
Sequined Dead Animals
1. Mixed Media Taxidermy - Exploring the fusion of taxidermy with unconventional materials like sequins and beads.
2. Sequined Dead Animals - Using sequins and beads to transform traditional taxidermy into visually striking art pieces.
3. Recycled Animals - Finding new creative uses for discarded animal remains by incorporating them into unique taxidermy designs.
1. Art and Design - Artists and designers can explore the intersection of taxidermy and mixed media to create innovative and visually captivating pieces.
2. Fashion and Accessories - Fashion brands and accessory designers can incorporate sequined taxidermy designs into their collections to create bold and unique statement pieces.
3. Sustainable Products - Companies focused on sustainability can explore the use of recycled animal remains in taxidermy to create eco-friendly art pieces and home decor.