Chinese born and French-based artist Minghao Dong is a graduate from the University of Dalian where he learned to perfect his color-blending skills. Channeling iconic artist Andy Warhol, the illustrator mimics Warhol's visually vivid style and creates modern pop art masterpieces that feature colored skull imagery.
Though he works predominantly in print, the artist also experiments with painting, engraving and art installations. Naming Gerard Richter as one of his greatest influences, the illustrator creates vivid compositions that are reflective of his thoughts.
Exploring themes of life and death, Minghao Dong captures abstracted color combinations on a canvas. These eye-catching compositions are accented with individual or multiplied skull images that are reminiscent of Andy Warhol's famed graphics from the 60s.
Minghao Dong's Vivid Art Works are a Fresh Take on a Warhol Aesthetic
1. Modern Pop Art - There is an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the creation of modern pop art by blending traditional visuals with new themes and styles.
2. Abstract Expressionism - New forms of artistic expression can arise as abstract expressionism is explored in new and innovative ways beyond traditional paintings and prints.
3. Multimedia Art - Developing innovative and interesting combinations using engraving, art installations, and print media can make multimedia art the next big trend in the art industry.
1. Art Market - Incorporating new styles and techniques in the art market can lead to explosive growth in the industry and foster a new generation of artists and buyers.
2. Digital Media - Taking advantage of new digital media platforms can make it possible to reach wider art audiences, making it an opportunity for those who want to disrupt the traditional art world.
3. Creative Advertising - Applying modern pop art and abstract expressionism in advertising can help companies stand out and create innovative marketing campaigns, leading to increased revenue and attention.