Google Cardboard has changed the way that we think about virtual reality, and we might just be getting a glimpse into what one of its competitors is planning next with the Microsoft VR Kit. Designed and created for a hackathon that is taking place in Russia in October, the Microsoft VR Kit is designed to use a smartphone just like the Google Cardboard yet is currently only available for coders to use.
While the release of the Microsoft VR Kit only hints at what we might be seeing in the consumer market in the near future, it's clear that with the success of Google Cardboard that the computing giant is eager to catch up to the search engine giant.
The Microsoft VR Kit Could Be a Google Cardboard Competitor
1. Smartphone-focused VR Headsets - The Microsoft VR Kit is a smartphone-focused VR headset that could compete with Google Cardboard.
2. Consumer Market for VR Headsets - The release of the Microsoft VR Kit hints at the potential growth and demand for VR headsets in the consumer market.
3. Competition in the VR Headset Industry - The Microsoft VR Kit shows that there is strong competition in the VR headset industry as companies try to catch up with Google Cardboard.
1. Technology - The technology industry is at the forefront of developing VR headsets like the Microsoft VR Kit.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage smartphone-focused VR headsets to provide immersive experiences to consumers.
3. Gaming - Smartphone-focused VR headsets like the Microsoft VR Kit have the potential to revolutionize the gaming industry by offering a more immersive gameplay experience.