The 'Lawless' metal frame chair features a somewhat abstract yet beautiful aesthetic that is inherently ornate, complex and perplexing. The 'Lawless' chair is the design work of Detroit-based designer Evan Fay from the Aratani Fay design studio and features foam strips that have been covered in Neoprene to ensure a simple sheen on the cushions and optimal comfort.
The 'Lawless' chair consists of a base that has been achieved by utilizing rounded black metal pipes in order to create a disjointed yet strong construction. The black metal chair merges soft materials with hard ones to enhance what's possible when it comes to home decor furniture design.
Explaining the design, Fay said, "Lawless Chair is a celebration of irregularity within a system, pursuing a more artful form that responds to the chaotic landscape within our structured society."
The 'Lawless' Metal Frame Chair Deconstructs Materials
1. Abstract Design - The abstract design trend presents an opportunity for designers to create unique and unconventional furniture pieces that challenge traditional aesthetics.
2. Material Fusion - The use of diverse materials like foam strips covered in Neoprene in furniture design opens up opportunities for innovative combinations that blend comfort and style.
3. Disjointed Construction - The concept of using disjointed metal pipes in furniture construction offers a disruptive opportunity to create visually intriguing pieces that challenge traditional structural norms.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture design industry can leverage the abstract design trend and material fusion to create unique and eye-catching pieces that appeal to modern consumers.
2. Home Decor - The home decor industry can explore the use of disjointed construction techniques to offer customers furniture options that add an artistic touch to their living spaces.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers can embrace the abstract design trend and material fusion to create visually striking and innovative spaces that stand out from the crowd.