In order to give viewers a unique perspective on what being a mom is really like, the paper towel brand Brawny decided to strap some Snapchat Spectacles to real kids for its messy Mother's Day ad. Shot with real families over a period of just four days, the ad shows the everyday messes that moms have to contend with.
Created by the ad agency Cutwater, the hilarious ad is shot entirely from the perspective of children wearing the socially connected lenses. The lenses allowed the families involved to capture a number of 'happy accidents,' including milk spills, finger painting and even some spaghetti flinging. The ad ends with the tagline, "Once a mother, always a giant," which is meant to convey the strength and resilience that mothers show each day.
With real footage and an authentic look at the everyday lives of moms in America, Brawny's messy Mother's Day ad does a great job of showcasing a more real side of motherhood.
Brawny Gave Children Snapchat Spectacles for Its New Mother's Day Ad
1. Socially Connected Advertising - Using Snapchat Spectacles to capture authentic moments in advertising campaigns.
2. Real Life Perspectives - Filming ads from the perspective of children to provide a unique and relatable experience.
3. Authentic Motherhood - Showing the messy and challenging aspects of motherhood in advertising to resonate with viewers.
1. Paper Towel - Using innovative advertising techniques to highlight the effectiveness of paper towels in real-life situations.
2. Advertising - Using technology like Snapchat Spectacles to create more immersive and relatable ad experiences.
3. Parenting - Appealing to parents by showcasing the realities of everyday life and the challenges of raising children.