The Marin Dearie 'Shades of Change' Series is a great way to be visually informed. Created by the New Orleans artist Marin Dearie, the project examines the color-changing nature of objects. Drawing inspiration from nature to popular culture and even biology, this chart shows the transformative power of color.
With the series examining things from Michael Jackson's skin, a smoker's lungs, tea brewing, and even Lil' Kim's hair.
Each design followed by a fact of why the object has experienced this change in color. For example the octupus's ink, the fact that follows is that, "when threatened, octopuses will release a cloud of dark in, giving them enough time to escape and camouflage from predators."
Marin Dearie ‘Shades of Change’ is Informational
1. Minimalistic Color Spectrum Charts - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create visually informative charts that explore the transformative power of color in various objects.
2. Shades of Change - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop projects that examine the color-changing nature of objects and draw inspiration from nature, popular culture, and biology.
3. Visual Information - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize visual mediums to convey information and facts about color changes in objects.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate the concept of minimalistic color spectrum charts into art and design projects.
2. Education - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Use minimalistic color spectrum charts to teach visual information and color-related concepts.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize the concept of minimalistic color spectrum charts to create visually appealing and informative advertisements and marketing campaigns.