Nike continues the legendary late Kobe Bryant with a pair of the Mamba Fury sneaker model. This follows a debut that the sportswear brand launched earlier this year. The low-top basketball sneaker model comes in a color palette that is gold and purple to celebrate his time on the Los Angeles Lakers.
The home colors are the dominating hues of the sneaker's update and boasts the name 'Lakers Home.' In terms of the shoe's make up, the upper is slightly scaly in texture at the forefoot area. This is complete with mesh materials for a touch of breathability that travels to the heel as well. There is also the addition of the brand's Zoom Air cushioning for responsive energy and rubber on the side for traction.
Image Credit: Nike
Nike Launches a Pair of Mamba Fury Shoes Honoring Kobe Bryant
1. Athlete-honoring Shoes - There is an opportunity for brands to create sneaker models that celebrate retired or deceased athletes, and incorporate their brand image or achievements.
2. Textured Sneakers - Athletic brands can explore using textured designs on sneakers as a way to add a unique touch to their shoes.
3. Personalized Color Palettes - The use of personalized color palettes on a sneaker model can create an emotional connection and sense of exclusivity for customers.
1. Athletic Footwear - Athletic footwear brands can capitalize on the trend of athlete-honoring sneakers and explore opportunities to celebrate retired or deceased athletes.
2. Sports Apparel - Sports apparel brands can expand their product offering by creating clothing that complements the athlete-honoring sneaker designs.
3. Sports Marketing - Sports marketing agencies can create campaigns to promote athlete-honoring sneakers and leverage athlete's fanbases to drive sales.