Just ahead of Mother's Day 2017, Gap has released a heart-warming new ad called 'Mama Said.' Not only does the ad feature an all-star cast, but it also celebrates every kind of mom.
The 'Mama Said' ad is a short film directed by Liv Tyler, who also stars in the ad. The message behind the ad is celebrating the joys of motherhood, with appearances by famous moms such as Candice Swanepoel, Coco Rocha and Jurnee Smollett-Bell. The ad also stars a lesbian couple, Photographer Cass Bird and director Ali Bird, alongside their adorable children Leo and Mae.
While it is common for brands to release special ads around holidays such as Mother's Day, Gap's inclusive campaign shows that the brand is also using the occasion to show its support for LGBTQ rights.
Gap's 'Mama Said' Ad Stars a Lesbian Couple and Their Children
1. Inclusive Apparel Advertising - Brands are promoting diversity and inclusivity in their fashion advertisements, embracing all types of mothers and families.
2. Celebration of Motherhood - Brands are focusing on the joys and challenges of motherhood, creating emotional connections with consumers through their advertisements.
3. Support for LGBTQ Rights - More brands are using their advertising campaigns to show support for the LGBTQ community, highlighting the importance of inclusivity and diversity.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands have the opportunity to break traditional stereotypes and promote inclusivity in their advertising campaigns, creating more emotional connections with consumers.
2. Advertising - The advertising industry should focus on creating campaigns that are diverse and inclusive, celebrating different types of mothers and families and supporting LGBTQ rights.
3. Social Activism - By using advertising campaigns to promote inclusivity and support for important social issues, brands can harness the power of their platforms to effect real change and help advance social and cultural progress.