The Maltesers Biscuits have been unveiled by Burton's Biscuit Company as the first confectionery product of its kind that merges the flavor and texture of chocolate candy with biscuits. The biscuits draw direct inspiration from the namesake candy and are compromised of three malt balls that are covered in smooth milk chocolate. This will create an unexpectedly indulgent treat for consumers looking to enjoy the taste and texture of the namesake treat in a new format.
Burton's Biscuits Managing Director Simon Browne spoke on the new product saying, "We firmly believe that Maltesers Biscuits will be the biggest launch in the biscuit category in 2020 and marks a significant milestone in our partnership with Mars Chocolate Drinks and Treats (MCDT). This innovative product is the result of close collaboration and tireless work by both businesses to ensure that we continue to drive incremental growth and excitement in the biscuit category.”
The New Maltesers Biscuits Have a Tasty Flavor and Unexpected Texture
1. Confectionery-biscuit Hybrids - The fusion of two traditional snacks will continue to be a trend, as consumers seek new forms of indulgent treats.
2. Unexpected Texture Combinations - Innovative texture combinations will continue to disrupt existing product categories, enticing consumers with unexpected experiences.
3. Collaboration-driven Product Development - Collaborations between brands will continue to drive innovative product development, as companies aim to stand out in crowded markets.
1. Confectionery - Confectionery companies can explore the trend of creating hybrid products to offer new and exciting experiences to consumers.
2. Biscuit - Biscuit manufacturers can innovate by experimenting with unconventional texture combinations to create unique products in the category.
3. Food and Beverage Partnership - Partnerships between food and beverage companies can lead to collaborative product development that can drive incremental growth and excitement in existing categories.