Featuring an unexpected animal on the label, the Timorous Beastie 21-Year-Old Malt Scotch Whisky is emblazoned with a sweetly illustrated mouse and takes a cute approach to liquor branding.
Designed by Douglas Laing & Co, the branding for Timorous Beastie takes a decidedly adorable approach rather than being overtly strong and serious. This helps the product to stand apart from other bottles on the market by highlighting an animal that is usually associated with being unseen, sneaky and, above all, quite cute.
The Timorous Beastie 21-Year-Old Malt Scotch Whisky has, as the name denotes, been aged for 21 years and is only available in extremely limited supplies. A mere 2,718 bottles have been created which drives home that the product will not last long on the market.
The Timorous Beastie 21-Year-Old Malt Scotch Whisky is Cutely Labeled
1. Cute Liquor Branding - Brands can use cute and unexpected animal illustrations to create a distinct image in the crowded liquor market.
2. Emotional Design - Emotional design trends can create a memorable experience and forge a lasting connection between products and consumers.
3. Limited Availability Marketing - Limited availability and production can create a sense of exclusivity around luxury products like aged scotch whiskey.
1. Liquor Industry - Cute and emotional branding tactics can help liquor brands to stand apart from competitors and appeal to new segments of consumers.
2. Graphic Design Industry - The trend towards cute and unexpected animal illustrations in branding presents an opportunity for graphic designers to create unique and memorable designs for liquor and other industries.
3. Luxury Goods Industry - Marketing products with limited availability and production can create a sense of luxury and exclusivity, particularly in the high-end liquor market.