At CES 2014, Modiface impressed consumers with a prototype for an augmented reality makeup mirror that was able to show cosmetics in real-time. Now, after many tests and updates to the technology, the final version of the Modiface Mirror is ready for sale.
Digitally, the mirror provides a selection of over 5,000 cosmetic products that can be tried on without the use of brushes, making it super hygienic and convenient for beauty consumers. Some of the neatest features of the Modiface Mirror include glance-based recommendations, which instantly generates a set of virtual cosmetics the instant a person looks at the mirror. There's also universal shade matching system, which makes accurate makeup matches to fit a specific skin tone. With its mess-free and accurate simulations, the Modiface Mirror appeals to beauty brands, retailers and consumers.
Modiface's Mirror Simulates the Process of Trying on Makeup
1. Augmented Reality in Beauty - Using augmented reality technology to simulate makeup application, providing convenience and hygienic benefits for beauty consumers.
2. Virtual Try-on Technology - Developing mirror-like devices that allow consumers to virtually try on cosmetic products without the need for physical application tools.
3. Personalized Recommendations - Implementing glance-based recommendation systems to instantly generate virtual cosmetics that match an individual's preferences and skin tone.
1. Beauty - Beauty brands and retailers can leverage augmented reality mirrors for a more convenient and interactive shopping experience.
2. Retail - Retailers can incorporate virtual try-on technology to enhance the in-store or online shopping experience for beauty products.
3. Technology - Developers and manufacturers can explore opportunities to improve and innovate upon augmented reality makeup mirrors for various applications and industries.