The Made for Drink Biltong is a beer-focused snack being launched in the UK from the premium snack brand for consumers to enjoy with their favorite pint. The snack harnesses the flavor of South African biltong and is crafted using traditional spices along with 100% grass-fed beef sourced from Ireland. The snack is set to hit the market starting in October where a 30-gram bag will be priced at £2.95 and offer consumers the perfect snack to enjoy on their own or with friends.
Founder Dan Featherstone spoke on the new Made for Drink Biltong saying, "Biltong is one of the world’s greatest beer-friendly snacks that has been making positive strides in the UK marketplace in recent times. We felt the moment was ripe for a best-in-class biltong made with 100% Irish grass-fed beef, which is why we approached a well-established biltong producer with proud Eastern Cape ties who’ve relocated to Northern Ireland.”
Made for Drink Biltong is Made with 100% Grass-Fed Beef
1. Premium Beer Snacks - The trend towards premium, artisanal snack options served alongside craft beers presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to tap into the beer drinking market.
2. Ethnic-inspired Snacks - The growing demand for ethnic-inspired snack options, such as South African biltong, presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to create and market unique snack options that cater to diverse taste preferences.
3. Grass-fed Meat Snacks - The trend towards healthy, sustainable food options presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to create and market meat snacks made with high-quality, grass-fed meat sources for health-conscious consumers.
1. Craft Beer - The craft beer industry can benefit from partnering with premium, artisanal snack providers to offer consumers a complete tasting experience as well as tapping into the growing demand for diverse snacking options.
2. Snack Foods - The snack food industry can benefit from creating and marketing ethnic-inspired and healthy, sustainable snack options that cater to diverse taste preferences and health-conscious consumers.
3. Sustainability - The trend towards sustainable food options presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to focus on creating and marketing products that utilize high-quality, sustainably-sourced ingredients.