Mad City Botanical Rum is a product from Foxhole Spirits that's said to take "white rum to new and extraordinary heights" and it does to in a way that blends four certified fair trade rums from Jamaica, Guyana, Dominican Republic and Barbados. The product also boasts sugar cane molasses, which is a natural by-product of the sugar industry. By combining these unique ingredients, Foxhole Spirits clarifies that this isn't a flavored or spiced rum but something that is deserving of a category of its own.
As James Oag-Cooper, co-founder and managing director of Foxhole Spirits, describes: “Our goal has always been to prove that using sustainably-sourced, surplus materials can create spirits better than those that use grown for, single-purpose materials."
Image Credit: Mad City
Mad City Botanical Rum Uses a Natural By-Product of the Sugar Industry
1. Upcycled Spirits - Utilizing surplus or by-products to create new and unique spirit categories.
2. Fair Trade Alcohol - Blending certified fair trade rums from various countries to create innovative alcohol products.
3. Natural Ingredient Spirits - Creating new and distinctive spirit flavors by utilizing natural by-products or unique ingredients.
1. Spirits Industry - Innovations in sustainable sourcing, fair trade, and utilizing new ingredients to create unique product categories.
2. Agricultural Industry - New revenue streams from utilizing by-products and surplus materials from crops for use in the spirits industry.
3. Fair Trade Organizations - Promoting fair trade partnerships and collaborations for the production of innovative and sustainable alcohol products.