It's marvelous how inspiration from old objects can be taken and twisted to produce such fresh and contemporary products. You would hardly guess that the M Lamp by David Irwin was based on the appearance of a 19th century miner's lamp.
To modernize it's aesthetic, the designer reduced the components of the LED table lamp to more basic geometries with the stand taking the form of a cylinder and the head tracing a perfect circle. The latter is mounted onto the top of the former and the cordless unit is enhanced with a thin arching handle.
The collaborative Juniper concept was to create a portable source of light, like the original. The M Lamp by David Irwin can be carried about the house and provide eight hours of illumination after one charge.
M Lamp by David Irwin is a Contemporary Take on an Antique Illuminator
1. Circular Lighting Design - Creating new and modern lighting designs using circular shapes and geometries.
2. Antique-inspired Products - Developing modern products that are inspired by antiques to create a unique and fresh interpretation.
3. Cordless and Portable Lighting - Designing cordless and portable lights for easy mobility and convenience.
1. Home Decor - Circular lighting designs can provide homes with modern lighting options.
2. Industrial Design - Antique-inspired products can be incorporated into industrial designs for a unique aesthetic.
3. Outdoor Recreation - Cordless and portable lighting can be used for outdoor activities like camping, hiking, and picnicking.