The 'M Booth' storytelling chart explains the benefits of having videos and photos incorporated into a company's social media strategy.
According to this study, Facebook's top 10 brand pages have the most engagement due to videos and photo content that has been shared. Amazingly, videos are shared 12 times more than plain text and links; photos are also preferred over plain text.
The chart also points out that Pinterest refers more traffic than Twitter, StumbleUpon, Linkedin and Google+, due to the fact that it is predominantly photo based. These insights are crucial for marketers to understand when it comes to creating a marketing and social media strategy. In today's society, people prefer quick updates with less reading and more visuals.
The 'M Booth' Storytelling Chart Explains the Impact of Videos
1. Visual Marketing - Visual content (images and videos) is more engaging than plain text or links on social media platforms.
2. Social Media Strategy - Having a well-defined social media strategy that incorporates visual content can lead to increased engagement and traffic on social media platforms.
3. Photo-based Platforms - Photo-based platforms like Pinterest can be highly effective for driving website traffic and should be considered in social media strategies.
1. Marketing and Advertising - Marketers can utilize visual content to differentiate company branding, drive engagement and influence purchase decisions.
2. Social Media Platforms - Social media platforms should consider incorporating more visual content capabilities to better serve the changing preferences of users.
3. Media and Entertainment - Media companies and content producers can take advantage of the power of visual media to produce more engaging and immersive content across various digital platforms.