To nobody's surprise, China plates aren't cool anymore. But art plates? That's cool. Accordingly, we introduced you to the $48 Los Angeles Plates last week. Want something a little more unique? How about the Adam and Eve Plates by Piero Fornasetti? At $5,400, a pair of the painted gold plates aren't a bargain, but you have to pay a premium when you're dining on art. It doesn't matter anyways because you'll probably want these plates on your wall.
"Designed by piero fornasetti, the classically inspired adam and eve face off once again in a series of twelve 10.24" plates (each). available in black and white or gold versions. the plates measure 10.25" diameter and are produced by hand to order in the atelier in milan. completely handmade, the plates are still manufactured to the exact specifications passed from piero to his son, barnaba." - Unica
About the artist: "Born in Milan in 1913, Piero Fornasetti was a painter, interior decorator, and designer with an enduring sense of humor in his production (estimated at over 11,000 items). Fornasetti's primary output consists of strong graphics resulting in an interplay between reality and illusion. trompe l'oeil and classical imagery also have an interplay."
$5,400 Adam and Eve Plate Set by Piero Fornasetti
1. Art Plates - The trend towards unique and artistic plates that can be displayed as decor as well as used for dining presents an opportunity for artists and designers to create one-of-a-kind pieces.
2. Luxury Tableware - The shift towards high-end tableware such as the $5,400 Adam and Eve Plate Set by Piero Fornasetti suggests a demand for luxurious dining experiences, creating a market opportunity for upscale restaurants and event planners.
3. Handmade Production - The popularity of handmade, artisanal tableware like the Adam and Eve Plate Set demonstrates a preference for craftmanship and sustainability, which could be leveraged by manufacturers and designers to create eco-friendly and unique products.
1. Art and Design - The trend towards art plates and unique tableware presents opportunities for artists and designers to create innovative products that combine functionality and aesthetics.
2. Hospitality - The demand for luxury tableware and unique dining experiences can be leveraged by upscale restaurants and event planners to offer premium services for high-end clients.
3. Manufacturing - The push for handmade, artisanal products highlights a potential market for sustainable and locally-produced tableware, with opportunities for small businesses and manufacturers to offer unique and eco-friendly solutions.