All things paper and origami are always on trend here at Trend Hunter, so it was a thrill to see them being appreciated while raising money for a great cause.
A large collection of projects was recently placed for auction at Design Miami by design store Luminaire. The PaperLove project included one-of-a-kind pieces that all featured paper as the primary medium. Proceeds from the charity auction benefited the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The numerous examples from world-renowned designers, architects and artists showcase the incredible creativity of artisans. Using a basic product that we use every day, these artists have created magical and exquisite works of art.
The items featured in the gallery are as follows:
1. Snow Flower by Tokujin Yoshioka
2. Untitled by Patricia Urquiola
3. Newspaper table by Ernst Gamperl
4. Kipul Collection necklace, Hila Rawet
5. Lantern by Naoto Fukasawa
6. Paper Vase by Tord Boontje
7. Zaha Hadid Paper Relief of Neues Stadt Casino
8. Stilthouse by Arne Quinze
9. Komorebi by Takenobu Igarshi
10. Paper cube by Yves Behar