London-based fashion label Loutre showcases its Spring/Summer 2022 offerings in South Africa. The looks are captured with the help of The Earth Issue and commonPROPAGANDA, which is actually based in South Africa. It showcases a community of young artists and activists as they help empower those in Cape Town.
In terms of the designs themselves, the seasonal range blends together elements from the brand's Core and Rework series. Some of the notable items in the collection include the technical shorts and jackets that are made from discarded tweed materials or motocross uniforms and the sweater vests with patchwork detailing. These are then complemented by a selection of corduroy and cargo pants that are designed with inspiration from skate culture.
Image Credit: Loutre
Loutre Showcases its New SS22 Collection in South Africa
1. Sustainable Fashion for Empowerment - Loutre's SS22 collection showcases the power of sustainable fashion to empower communities in South Africa.
2. Combining Core and Rework Collections - Loutre's SS22 collection blends its Core and Rework series to create unique, innovative designs.
3. Incorporating Skate Culture Into Fashion - Loutre's SS22 collection incorporates inspiration from skate culture into its designs.
1. Sustainable Fashion Industry - Loutre demonstrates the potential for sustainable fashion to create positive social impact in communities.
2. Textile Upcycling Industry - Loutre's use of discarded tweed materials and motocross uniforms in its SS22 collection highlights opportunities for innovation in the textile upcycling industry.
3. Skateboarding Industry - Incorporating skate culture into fashion offers opportunities for collaboration and innovation between the fashion and skateboarding industries.