For its new long-distance train, JR West created an interior design centered around three key themes: diversity, comfort and casual settings. The new train design was developed as part of the West Japan Railway Company's 2022 Middle Management Project and is set to introduce a six-carriage mode of transportation with space to accommodate 90 passengers.
Each carriage in the design boasts a unique setup, with the various sections set up to suit different passenger needs. For instance, one carriage is designated for women, while another offers spacious private compartments for families traveling with young children. Another part of the train incorporates a "free space area" that has a mix of tables, booths and an open-plan design that allows for flexibility and comfortable socialization.
JR West's New Long-Distance Train Prioritizes Passenger Comfort
1. Comfort-centric Train Designs - Train designs centered on passenger comfort are set to become more widespread in the transportation industry.
2. Diversity-inclusive Train Carriages - Train carriages designed for specific passenger needs, such as women and families, will become a norm in long-distance train travel.
3. Flexible Train Interiors - Trains with flexible and adaptable interior designs that prioritize comfort and socialization will gain popularity.
1. Transportation - Long-distance train travel will see a rise in innovative designs that prioritize passenger comfort.
2. Hospitality and Tourism - The hospitality and tourism industry can benefit from the use of comfort-centric train travel as a unique selling point for hotels and travel packages.
3. Interior Design - The interior design industry will have a role in the development of train cabins and carriages that offer unique and comfortable settings for passengers.