For many Millennials facing an astronomical housing market, the prospect of owning a home seems unfortunately dim, but with Loftium, consumers can make use of the sharing economy to own a home without having to have tens of thousands of dollars on hand. The service offers to pay up a large part of the down payment on a home, and in exchange it will rent out a spare room in the home on Airbnb.
Loftium is an impressively beneficial service for consumers. Not only do they get a large portion of their down payment covered, but they still get to keep a percentage of the income from the Airbnb rentals themselves. Loftium says that consumers can earn between $200 and $600 in addition to the down payment.
Loftium Offers Down Payments in Exchange for Airbnb Rentals
1. Home-sharing Financing - Opportunities for other services to offer homeownership financing through home-sharing rentals as a source of income.
2. Millennial Co-living - New co-living spaces could be created where homeowners use home-sharing rentals to cover the costs of shared living spaces.
3. Rise of Home-share Down Payments - More companies offering similar homeownership financing options through home-sharing rentals as a way to attract Millennial buyers.
1. Real Estate - Real estate companies could incorporate home-sharing financing options as a new way to attract more Millennial homebuyers.
2. Home-sharing - Home-sharing industries could expand to include financing options that allow homeowners to use their home-sharing rental income for homeownership.
3. Co-living - Co-living spaces could incorporate home-sharing rentals as a way to offset the cost of shared living spaces and attract Millennial renters.