Brought to you by the New 2013 Lincoln MKS with Lincoln Drive Control. Now it gets interesting.
Attending the LA Auto Show was a truly thrilling experience. The buzz and level of excitement surrounding the event was intoxicating to all of those who stepped through the doors of the massive LA Convention Center.
One of the most anticipated parts of my LA Auto Show experience was the launch of the Lincoln MKS. From the middle of the eager audience waiting for the unveil, I could hear that the reveal of the new Lincoln vehicle was met with several delighted oohs and ahhs (particularly when it came to some of the new features it included).
Lincoln Drive Control was a prominent feature added to the MKS. The notable feature enhances the driving experience with the use of Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD) and Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS). CCD constantly monitors and adjusts the suspension settings on the MKS to provide a system that allows for supreme handling. EPAS works with CCD to provide the perfect level of steering assistance for every driving situation, whether you’re experiencing strong corsswinds or you’re driving on a crowed road. Best of all, Lincoln Drive Control comes as standard equipment.
Another key feature of the Lincoln MKS includes is Torque Vectoring Control (TVC), which is included to lessen understeer and also supercharge agility while cornering and give the driver better traction.
The design of the Lincoln MKS is extremely sleek, yet comfortable. Using luxurious Bridge of Weir Leather and looking fresh and sculptural, this car looks great (and will make its driver look great too). The interior of the car also has an audio system that promises crisp sound and a home-theater audio experience. THX II Certified, each sound system in the MKS took 200 hours of custom tuning by THX engineers in order to create.
In this increasingly technology-integrated world, Lincoln did not forget to include a slew of cutting edge technologies. The hi-tech MyLincoln Touch system allows users to control the vehicle with ease using an 8-inch LCD touch screen. Camera-based technologies include Lane Keeping Alert, Lane Keeping Aid and Driver Assist; drivers are now safer than ever! Further, the Lincoln MKS enhances driving abilities with innovative radar-based technologies including Active Park Assist, Collision Warning Brake Support, Blind Spot Information Systems, Cross-Traffic Alert and Adaptive Cruise Control.
Lastly, you can’t discuss a car without mentioning what’s under the hood. The Lincoln MKS includes the new 3.7 TiVCT engine (offering 300+hp) or the option of an EcoBoost engine. The EcoBoost engine has the fuel economy of a V6, but the raw power of a V8 engine. Being eco-friendly doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your driving experience!
The Trend Hunter editorial team is thrilled to be working on a four-part series on automotive innovations with Lincoln. Be sure to check out some of these eye-opening posts on incredible automotive innovations and convenient transportation to learn more about what’s up-and-coming in the auto industry!
1. Lincoln Drive Control - Disruptive innovation opportunity to enhance the driving experience with continuously controlled damping and electric power assisted steering.
2. Torque Vectoring Control - Disruptive innovation opportunity to improve agility while cornering and provide better traction in vehicles.
3. Hi-tech Mylincoln Touch System - Disruptive innovation opportunity to integrate cutting-edge technologies for ease of control and increased safety in vehicles.
1. Automotive Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity to incorporate advanced features and technologies into vehicles to enhance the driving experience.
2. Technology Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity to develop and improve camera-based and radar-based technologies for advanced safety and driver assistance systems in vehicles.
3. Audio Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create and improve audio systems for vehicles that deliver crisp sound and a home-theater audio experience.